Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer
Busek Space and Propulsion systems is currently seeking an experienced Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer to join the team at our offices in Natick, MA.
From small spacecraft in low-earth orbit, to geostationary satellites, to cubesats going to the moon and beyond, Busek solves challenges and creates thrust. Our talented and dedicated staff have collective expertise spanning in-space propulsion, vacuum systems, materials science, and high-fidelity electronic solutions. We are a leading source for advanced electric propulsion thrusters for use on military, government, and commercial satellites. Among our many accomplishments are the first US Hall thruster in space, the first microPPT thrusters, the first flight-proven electrospray thrusters, the first propellant-less Carbon Nano-tube Field Emission Cathode Neutralizer, and the world’s lowest noise thrust stand (noise level below 0.1µN/rt-Hz in the 1mHz-100mHz bandwidth).
Busek is looking for a talented, hard-charging Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer to join our team and develop the control platform for the next generation of electric propulsion thrusters. A passion for design and innovation is a must. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in FPGA and/or embedded programming and be capable of working in a small, cross-disciplinary team.
Position Type: Full-time
- Lead software design and development efforts
- Work with a small in-house EE team and Propulsion technical leads
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts, including electronics and mechanical designers
- Interface with technical customers (civil, commercial, and DoD) as required
- Support system and subsystem troubleshooting and testing
- Document and report progress in status reports and technical reviews
- Write technical proposals and supporting responses to RFI opportunities
- Lead and support team contributors in engineering, test and manufacturing.
- BS degree (advanced degree preferred) plus 2 or more years of industry or graduate program experience required
- Programming for embedded platforms – FPGA, Microcontroller and/or DSP experience required including one or more of the following: FPGA Design Suites or Embedded Toolchains, e.g. TI DSP, ARM, RISC-V, Bare-metal Code or RTOS, Languages: C/C++, Assembly or similar.
- In-System Debug toolchains
- Demonstrated ability to develop for test and debug challenging cross-disciplinary problems
- Strong documentation skills and participation in ongoing development efforts and design reviews
- The ability to lead and support team contributors
- Design for high reliability applications, ie: radiation hardened space qualified electronics design a plus but not required.
- Version control using Git, SVN or similar
- System level simulation and test in MATLAB/Simulink, Python, Labview, or similar
- Proficiency with test equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers
- Knowledge of PCB schematic capture and layout tools and the ability to work with Analog Engineers a plus
- Work within Government-funded R&D and production environments (e.g. NASA, DARPA, and DoD) desired
- Security clearance is a plus
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, credit and background checks and drug screens.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected factor. Busek is an equal opportunity employer.
Telephone: (508) 655-5565
Fax: (508) 655-2827